WHAT IS MINI SPLIT AIR CONDITIONERS / HEAT PUMPS?
Ductless mini splits air conditioners (mini splits) are mainly used in residential or commercial buildings without ducting. Similar to central air conditioners, split air conditioners have two main components: the outdoor unit( The compressor) and an indoor unit, air handler(The Evaporator).
Between the two components of the split air conditioners you have a set of electrical wires(2 Power lines and one Signal line) plus two insulated copper tubes for the R410 refrigerant gases (one liquid / one gas). Not more than a 3 inch hole is needed to run the lines and wires between the units. The outdoor compressor feeds electricity to the indoor unit. The indoor air handler is mounted on the wall high up near the ceiling. The temperature is controlled by remote controller. You can set the unit to cool, heat or dehumidify at a precise temperature.
You can use this technology to efficiently cool and heat your household or a commercial building.
- Small size and flexibility for zoning or heating and cooling individual rooms.
- Ductless split air conditioners are easier to install than other types of cooling systems. The hook-up between the outdoor and indoor units generally requires only a three inch hole through a wall for the conduit. Shinco provides different length line sets there the indoor unit can be installed as far as 30+ feet from the outdoor compressor. This help you place the compressor in a more advantageous and obscure place outside the building.
- Because mini splits air conditioners do not require ductwork they also eliminate energy loss caused by duct system in a building.
- Most Shinco split air conditioners are Energy Star certified. Not only do they draw approx 40% less electricity when compared to other types but they also qualify for governmental rebates depending on your state laws.
- Split air conditioners are also a much safer solution for your cooling and heating needs. They eliminate the risk of break-ins cause by window type systems.
- With a sleek look, Shinco split air conditioners are a good option when considering the design of the room you are planning on cooling & heating.
MAINTAINING YOUR SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER
When compared to other types of air conditioners, mini split systems are very easy to maintain.
- The most important maintenance task is ensuring that the air filter of the indoor unit is cleaned on a regular basis. Shinco split systems filters are easy to remove and can be cleaned using water. By keeping the filter clean, you can increase the efficiency of your unit by up to 15%!
- Your Shinco split system are dehumidifiers too. A drain tube is connected to the outdoor unit where the air condensation is leaked out. Everyone once in a while it is recommended to pass a stiff wire through the drain. Clogged drain pipes can prevent a unit from reducing humidity. Excess moisture in the air may discolour walls or carpet.
Q. Where can I find the wiring diagram for my Shinco split system?
A. The following is the Outdoor unit wiring diagram.
Q. What is the maximum length between the units & how much refrigerant must I add.
A. Please follow the table below.
Q. Where can I find the part list for my Shinco split air conditioners?
You can download the following exploded view of all models.
KFR25GWZBM - DOWNLOAD LINK - Excel File, 420 Kb
KFR35GWZBM - DOWNLOAD LINK - Excel File, 410 Kb
KFR50GWZBM - DOWNLOAD LINK - Excel File, 460 Kb
KFR70GWZBM - DOWNLOAD LINK - Excel File, 370 Kb
Q. Where can I find the service manual for my Shinco split air conditioner?
ERROR CODE TROUBLESHOOTING
What is error code?
Shinco Air Conditioners are equipped with a powerful microprocessor which translates any possible electronic issues of the system being a burnt fuse or an IC, in to a set of pre-defined error codes which may appear on your digital screen. By referring to error code table you can pin point the faulty component.
DOWNLOAD Error Code for 9000 and 12000 Btu - PDF file, 100 Kb
DOWNLOAD Error Code for 18000 and 24000 Btu - PDF file, 100 Kb
COMMON INSTALLATION QUESTIONS
It is recommended to use a certified HVAC (heating, ventilation & air conditioner) specialist. We will soon have a list of certified Shinco dealers in your state. For now you can call any certified installer. The following are common questions we have received in the past, during and after installation.
Where can I find the installation manual for my Shinco mini split air Conditioner system?
Please click on the following link to download and view the installation manual. We have this booklet in both English and French languages.
DOWNLOAD Shinco English Manual - PDF file, 750 Kb
DOWNLOAD Shinco French Manual - PDF file, 480 Kb
How do I remove the air & humidity from the line set & indoor unit prior to releasing the R410s gases?
The fastest easiest way is to use an air conditioning vacuum pump. The following is a step by step procedure that can help you remove the air & humidity from the line set & indoor unit of your Shinco split air conditioner system.
- Connect the high & low pressured lines between the indoor and outdoor unit of your air conditioner.
- Remove the valve core copper caps from the high & low pressure lines.
- Remove the auxiliary cap from the LOW pressured valve.
- Loosen the Valve core of the HIGH pressured line anti clock wise.
- Push the top rod of the low pressured valve using an Allen Key.
- Use a leak detector to verify pipe joints and valve caps for air leaks.
- If no leak is present, lease the gases by opening the valve cores of the low pressured lines. Make sure the cover copper caps are closed tightly